Read the instructions provided in the box thoroughly before use. Before each time you colour your hair, we highly recommend completing the 48-hour skin allergy test.
Make sure to wear suitable gloves. You can find a set included in the product box. Tip: If the gloves are too loose, use rubber bands to tighten them around your wrists.
- We recommend removing contact lenses before colouring your hair.
- Cover your shoulders with a towel or cape that you do not mind getting stained.
- Be sure your hair is clean and free of any product buildup. For this, we recommend washing and drying your hair 24 hours before colouring.
- To prevent staining on your skin, apply cold cream around your ears, hairline, and the nape of your neck.
- Keep a damp paper towel close by. This is to help wipe skin if hair colour gets on it!
Pour Bigen Permanent Powder into a non-metallic or cup. Add room-temperature tap water (DO NOT use hot or boiling water) in the proper measurement specified by the measuring tray found in the box.
Mix gently and well with a brush until the powder has been dissolved and is smooth.
CAUTION: DO NOT mix with other products. The colour of the mixture does not indicate the final results.
For full head
- Quickly apply the mixture to dry hair. Note: if you have partially grey hair, start the application at the area with the most grey.
- Comb through the hair to ensure every hair strand is thoroughly covered with a mixture.
- Process hair as directed below in the development section.
- Non-chemically treated hair: 20 – 30 minutes
- Chemically treated hair: 15 minutes
Note: Total time of application and development should not exceed 40 minutes to prevent hair colour from becoming too dark.
For re-touch technique
- Apply on new growth only. Note: if you have partially grey hair, start the re-touch application at the area with the most grey.
- Non-chemically treated hair: 20 – 30 minutes.
- Chemically treated hair: 15 minutes.
- If necessary, apply the mixture on ends during the last 5-10 minutes of the deposit time.
- Rinse hair (please go to rinse directions for more information).
Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water until water runs clear. Avoid water coming into contact with eyes. Shampoo and condition hair with a colour safe shampoo and conditioner.
Dry and style as desired.